National News

Kitchen fire damages apartment, causes smoke damage

Posted June 12

— A kitchen fire caused damage at a Genesee County apartment complex.

Firefighters were called to River Forest Apartments, 3500 Rue Forest, in Flint Township on Monday afternoon.

Crews told TV5 that a fire started in the kitchen of a first-floor unit, and the flames were contained to that apartment.

There was smoke damage to the second floor as well.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2017 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all