Kid-friendly music that you won't mind listening to on repeat
Posted February 16
Updated February 17
When you are in the car with your kids, one of the last things you want to hear them say is “Play it again, mom!” However, why don't you try something you won’t mind putting on repeat.
Here are some popular tunes to consider for your next car trip:
1. “Best Day Of My Life” by American Authors
Your kids will be singing along to these lyrics as soon as they hear “wo-o-o-o-oh.” Play this song to help put your kiddos in a good mood.
2. “Better When I’m Dancin’” by Meghan Trainor
Aren’t we all?
3. “Brave” by Sara Bareilles
This is an upbeat song with an uplifting message. Play “Brave” to remind your kids that they can conquer their fears.
4. “Cheerleader” by OMI
What makes this song unique? It includes a saxophone. Turn to this song to hear something fun and different.
5. “Count On Me” by Bruno Mars
If you’re trying to wind down your crew, play this tune. It is calming while also teaching a valuable lesson.
6. “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey
Don’t stop playing this song, either.
7. “Eye Of The Tiger” by Survivor
When you want something nostalgic and upbeat, turn up “Eye Of The Tiger.” Your kids will love this old-school tune.
8. “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten
Here’s another song to teach your kids to keep trying.
9. “Good Time” by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen
This song is perfect for a party. Turn it up!
10. “Happy” by Pharrell Williams
The title explains itself. It’s all about being happy!
11. “Hello” by Adele
Warning: Your kids might sing the chorus at the top of their lungs.
12. “Home” by Phillip Phillips
For a comforting song, play "Home."
13. “Hooked on a Feeling” by Blue Swede
You’ll be hooked on this one. Your kids are sure to sing along.
14. “How Far I’ll Go” by Alessia Cara
This original song from “Moana” is both catchy and inspiring. If you or your kids are Disney fans, this one is a must.
15. “Human” by Christina Perri
Listen to this to remind your kids that it’s OK to make mistakes. After all, we’re only human.
16. “On Top Of The World” by Imagine Dragons
Here’s a song about going through life challenges with a smile on your face. For a pick-me-up, listen to “On Top of the World.”
17. “Rather Be” by Clean Bandit
If you’d rather be listening to anything else besides childrens music, try this kid-friendly song.
18. “Roar” by Katy Perry
Here’s another positive kid-friendly tune to keep your child entertained (and to keep you sane).
19. “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
Shake off the negativity! You've probably heard Disney's "Let It Go" on repeat every day since it came out, so switch it up with "Shake it Off."
20. “The Edge of Glory” by Lady Gaga
If you’re on the edge of patience with kids' music, try playing this kid-friendly tune.
21. “Try” by Colbie Caillat
Let your daughter know she is beautiful just the way she is.
22. “Try Everything” by Shakira
Don’t be afraid to try new things! Inspire your kids by listening to Try Everything.
23. “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield
Let your child know that they are in charge of their own story.
24. “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves
No matter which version of this song you listen to, it’s sure to have you dancing along.
25. “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction
It’s catchy, and it has a good message. Listen to this song by One Direction, or check out a cover by The Piano Guys.
When you play this music, you’ll find that you don’t mind as much when your kid says, “Play it again, mom!”
Shaelynn Miller is a journalist who has a passion for photography, video production and writing.
Contact her at email@example.com.