Our second big event of the season at North Hills is nearly here (in case you've missed the million other posts I've written about it).
We have so much planned for the morning. You'll find it all from 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesday (July 11), at Midtown Park, 4011 Cardinal at North Hills St., Raleigh, right next to the Chuy's restaurant. And everything is FREE!
Here's what's scheduled:
10 a.m.: A free workout from Fit4Mom Midtown Raleigh for moms and their stroller-riding kids. (Big note: Kids must be in the stroller during the workout).
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.: A visit from Belle from N.C. Theatre's production of Beauty and the Beast, which opens later this month.
10:30 a.m. (to about 11 a.m. or 11:30 a.m., depending on how hot it is): A visit from the Durham Bulls' Wool E. Bull.
And ... all morning ...
- Live music from Songs for Seeds
- Activities from North Carolina Theatre, Babies On The MOVE, Flour Power Kids Cooking Studios, Select Sitters, SnickerDoodles, Tinkergarten, Baby+Co and Skill By Skill.
- Snacks from Supper Meals, a new local meal delivery service in the Triangle, featuring meals prepared by local chefs.
- Games from Marbles Kids Museum, Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department and Sports with Coach Scott.
- Public safety vehicles and construction trucks to climb on and explore. So far, we have cars from both Wake County Sheriff's Office and Raleigh Police Department, a UNC Rex ambulance, a dump truck, a Thomas concrete truck and a rubber tire backhoe. And we'll likely have a fire truck roll in. (Note: Both the fire truck and the ambulance will be on call, so if there is an emergency, they may need to speed away).
Hope to see you there! Our next event will be Saturday, Sept. 9, at North Hills' Farmers' Market.