Raleigh, N.C. — Add some global flavor to your Hopscotch experience with these bands from around the world.
Update: Dauwd and UBT will no longer be performing at Hopscotch. They are being replaced by Moss of Aura and Jonny Alright, respectively.
- The Shilohs: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada — A band based around a 1960s pop obsession, their songs are light and carefree.
- Wold: Saskatchewan, Canada — Loud and unrestrained metal.
- Merzbow: Tokyo, Japan — An experimental artist showing the music in sound for over 30 years.
- Lapalux: Essex, England — Glitchy, synth-y electronic music.
- Dauwd: London, England — Catchy electronica drawing inspiration from house, techno and garage music. – replaced by Moss of Aura
- Suuns: Montreal, Quebec, Canada — Post-punk alternative with a tinge of electronic.
- Ryan Hemsworth: Ottowa, Ontario, Canada — An up-and-coming electronic artist skilled in layering melodies and sounds.
- Charlemagne Palestine: Brussels, Belgium — A minimalist composer.
- Gorguts: Richmond, Quebec, Canada — Technical death metal.
- Spiritualized: London, England — Rock, founded in 1990. Performing on the City Plaza Stage Saturday at 8:40 p.m.
- UBT: Montreal, Quebec, Canada — Upbeat punk-pop with a basis in rock 'n roll. – replaced by Jonny Alright
- Doug Paisley: Toronto, Ontario, Canada — Rustic Americana full of emotion.
- High Wolf: France — A somewhat reclusive and enigmatic artist who blends sounds, electronica and tribal music.
- Cian Nugent: Dublin, Ireland — Folk music heavily rooted in the artist's guitar.
- Majical Cloudz: Montreal, Quebec, Canada — A heavy, honest voice against a simple synth background provides a unique and provocative experience.
- Amor de Dias: London, England/Madrid, Spain — An indie-pop duo with soft and simple melodies.
- Richard Youngs: Glasgow, Scotland — A diverse artist who frequently switches genres, instruments and labels.
For more information about each band and how to buy tickets, click the links for each event listing. You can also listen to samples of the artists' music on their Hopscotch bio pages (on the Hopscotch website, click "schedule" and then a band listing).