Independence Day celebration to return to Fort Bragg
Posted March 13, 2014
Fort Bragg, N.C. — The Fourth of July celebration will return to Fort Bragg this summer after budget cuts forced the post to cancel last year's event, officials said Thursday.
The celebration, which will include a concert and fireworks, will be held at the Main Post Parade Field. Th event usually draws crowds of up to 50,000 people.
Last April, Fort Bragg officials announced no Fourth of July event would be held in 2013 because of across-the-board cuts to federal spending. The decision was driven, in part, by overtime costs associated with the festivities, officials said.