Local News

House fire displaces Holly Springs family

Posted January 8, 2010
Updated January 9, 2010

Map Marker  Find News Near Me


— A house fire Friday evening displaced a Holly Springs family, authorities said.

The fire was reported around 8:30 p.m. at 221 West Ballentine St., dispatchers said. Three people were home when the fire started but got out safely. No injuries were reported.

Fire investigators said a 5-year-old boy playing with a lighter accidentally set a mattress in a bedroom on fire, sparking the blaze.

Authorities said the Red Cross is assisting the family with shelter and other needs.

No one was injured.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all