Raleigh, N.C. — A North Carolina brewery took home top honors at the Great American Beer Festival held in Boulder, Colorado, on Saturday.
Brown Truck Brewery, located in High Point, won the 2016 Very Small Brewing Company and Very Small Brewing Company Brewer of the Year award.
In style categories, the brewery took home one gold medal for its No. 10 American Lager and silver medals for its No. 4 Saison and No. 2 Pale Ale.
Lynnwood Brewing Concern in Raleigh took home a gold medal for its Drop Beer Australian Pale Ale, and its production facility also won gold for Once You Go in the American-Style Black Ale category.
Other winners from North Carolina:
- Crank Arm Brewing in Raleigh - Bronze medal, White Wall Wit in the American-Belgo-Style Ale category
- White Street Brewing in Wake Forest - Gold medal, White Street Scottish Ale in the Scottish-Style Ale category
- Lonerider Brewing in Raleigh - Bronze medal, Shotgun Betty in the South German-Style Hefeweizen category
- Gibb's Hundred Brewing Co. in Greensboro - Silver medal, Medley of Moods in the American-Style Wheat Beer with Yeast category
- Wicked Weed Brewing in Asheville - Silver medal, Lunatic in the Belgian-Style Blonde-Ale or Pale Ale category
- Foothills Brewing in Winston Salem - Bronze medal, Torch Pilsner in the Bohemian-Style Pilsener category
- D9 Brewing Co. in Cornelius - Gold medal, Dry Hopped Systema of Naurae - Scuppernong and Lily in the Experimental Beer category
- Hi-Wire Brewing in Asheville - Gold medal, Zirkusfest Oktoberfest Lager in the German-Style Maerzen category
- NoDa Brewing Company in Charlotte - Gold medal, NoDajito in the Herb and Spice Beer category
- Olde Hickory Brewery in Hickory - Gold medal, Irish Walker in the Old Ale or Strong Ale category, and silver medal for The Event Horizon in the Wood and Barrel-Aged Strong Stout category
- Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery in Farmville - Silver medal, Duke-Rabbit Milk Stout in the Sweet Stout or Cream Stout category