Hibernian, Monuts open and more restaurant openings and closings
Posted March 8, 2013
Updated March 11, 2013
Raleigh, N.C. — It was a busy week in the Triangle with several notable openings and closings in the restaurant industry.
Here are a few new places to keep an eye on:
- Hibernian opened its north Raleigh location along Falls of Neuse Road. It is in the location formerly occupied by Duffy's. They will be open from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. everyday. No word on when the Glenwood South Hibernian will be reopening. It was damaged by a fire the day after Christmas.
- Food truck staple Monuts Donuts opened a shop in downtown Durham this week. It is located at 110 East Parrish St. and serves doughnuts, breakfast sandwiches, English muffins and bagels.
- Kimbap opened last week in Seaboard Station in Raleigh. The Korean restaurant is located next to another new fixture there - Bad Daddy's Burger Bar.
- Kipos Greek Taverna will open in Chapel Hill on Sunday. This Greek restaurant will also feature a cafe and all-day bakery. It is located at 431 W. Franklin St.
- Also in Chapel Hill, pizza joint Mellow Mushroom has opened on Franklin Street in the location that used to be Ham's.
- Micky’s Chicken and Fish has opened in Northgate Mall in Durham. The popular Chicago restaurant features farm-raised chicken and seafood options, including wings, chicken fingers, catfish, whiting, tilapia and perch platters with a half-dozen sauces including barbecue, blue cheese, nacho and ranch. They also have Italian beef and polish sandwiches.
- The OC Bar and Grill on Oberlin Court in Raleigh will open by the end of the month. According to the site's Twitter account, no exact date has been set. This upscale sports bar will feature hand-crafted cocktails from fresh squeezed juices, homemade mixes and fresh herbs. They will have also have 16 beers on tap.
A few closings to note:
Pepper's Pizza on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill closed its doors this week.
In north Raleigh, Spinner's closed its doors last month, according to a Facebook post from the owners on Feb. 12.
Have you heard of any openings and closings we should be reporting on?