Here are the charities that have dumped Mar-a-Lago
Posted August 23
At least 13 organizations have abandoned plans to host fundraisers at President Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort since his remarks on the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Gateway for Cancer Research, an Illinois nonprofit, on Tuesday became the latest to say it would not give business to the club in Palm Beach, Florida. It had planned a fundraiser there in March.
Here are the organizations that CNNMoney has confirmed have canceled on Mar-a-Lago. They are listed by the day CNNMoney verified their decision.
1. Cleveland Clinic
2. The American Cancer Society
3. American Friends of Magen David Adom
Related: Nonprofit that pulled Mar-a-Lago fundraiser says it faces 'devastating' budget shortfall
4. American Red Cross
5. The Salvation Army
6. Susan G. Komen
7. The Ryan Licht Sang Bipolar Foundation
8. Palm Beach Preservation Foundation
9. Palm Beach Zoo and Conservation Society
10. Hearing the Ovarian Cancer Whisper
11. Kravis Center for the Performing Arts
12. Unicorn Children's Foundation
13. Gateway for Cancer Research
In addition, the charity Leaders in Furthering Education has already selected a new venue for a gala that had been scheduled for December at Mar-a-Lago. The board will vote this week to make it official.
And a local United Way chapter decided Monday to move a reception planned for September at a Trump golf course in New Jersey.