Local News

Heating unit sparks Raleigh house fire

Posted January 10, 2010

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— Firefighters extinguished a house fire Sunday afternoon in downtown Raleigh.

The blaze began at about 2:30 p.m. at 405 N. East St. when a heating unit underneath the house caught on fire, investigators said.

The fire then spread through the crawl space and into the walls.

Firefighters brought the fire under control within 20 minutes.

No one was injured.

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all