Local News

Heater causes fire in horse barn

Posted January 17, 2009
Updated January 18, 2009

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A heater caused a fire in a horse barn being used to store hay in Robbins late Saturday morning, Moore County dispatch officials.

Calls about the barn fire at 147 Franklin Road came in around 11:30 a.m. Crews from four fire departments responded and brought the fire under control by the early afternoon, dispatch officials said.

No one was injured. Some horses were in the barn when the fire started, but the first firefighter on the scene opened the barn door to allow the horses to escape.

The heater was too close the 200 bales of hay in the barn, sparking the fire, dispatch officials said.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all