Heads up! There are lots of rumors about a Harris Teeter Super Doubles event starting on Wednesday, 6/25! I should have more information this afternoon, but it is looking very good. Since they cancelled the last event at the last minute, I am not posting it as confirmed until Harris Teeter actually announces it on their Facebook page. But I do think you should go ahead and get your coupons ready!
I will have an initial deals list posted this weekend. FYI - there will be 2 coupon inserts in the Sunday paper on 6/22.
Coupon policies and tips for shopping Harris Teeter Super Doubles:
* HT should be Super Doubling coupons worth up to $2 face value. This means that a $1.00 coupon will double to $2.00, a $1.50 coupon will double to $3.00 and a $2.00 coupon will double to $4.00!
* HT begins super doubling coupons at 7:00 AM on the first day of the sale. 24 hour stores do not super double coupons before 7:00 AM on the first day (at least that is how it has always worked in the past). Your best bet is to get to the store before 7 am if you want to get the freebies and best deals. Some people get there at 6:15 am or earlier and then wait in line until the register allows coupons to begin Super Doubling at 7 am.
* HT will super double/double up to 20 coupons per household per day. Spouse's cards registered with the same address are linked because the policy is 20 per household, per day. If you have twenty $1 coupons and twenty .75 coupons, only 20 total will double. They will not double 20 coupons that are under $1 and also super double another 20 coupons that are over $1. It's 20 total coupons that are $2 or less doubled per day.
* HT policy is to double up to 3 identical coupons (as long as you buy the product required for each coupon, of course). So, if you have five $1.00 coupons for a product, the policy is to only super double the first three.
* Printable coupons: HT will accept 3 printable coupons per like item, per store, per day, according to their policy. So if you buy 3 identical items and you have a printable coupon for each one, you can use all three.
* You can use a manufacturer's coupon AND a Harris Teeter ZVR digital e-coupon on the same item (see below for explanation of ZVR's)! Watch the scanner as it totals your order to see if the digital coupons came off and if not, have them fix it at the register. If you forget to check the register screen for any missed digital coupons before you pay, make sure you check your receipt to see if the digital coupons were deducted. If they were not deducted, go to the customer service desk and they should give you the money back for any digital coupons that did not come off correctly.
* Be sure to get rainchecks for the items that are on sale and out of stock. Rainchecks at Harris Teeter do not expire so you can use them at the next Super Doubles if you have coupons to go with them (which often happens). If you get a rain check during Super Doubles and use the rain check the next week, your $1 - $2 coupons will not be Super Doubled. You will still get the sale price, but unless you use the rain check during a Super Doubles week, the coupons will be accepted per their usual coupon doubling policy (.99 or less).
* If your store is out of your favorite deals (and they will be out of some/many of them) ask the customer service folks when the next truck arrives so you know when they will be restocking.
* ZVR's (short for Zavers, the name of the company that processes the digital coupons) are the digital e-coupons that you can add to your Harris Teeter Vic card through harristeeter.com. Go to Harristeeter.com, click on Login/Signup and register your Vic card. Then click on e-coupons and you can add them to your Vic card. When you get to the register, the cashier scans your Vic card and then the product and then at the end of the transaction, the ZVR discount should also be deducted. Make sure you double check that the discount did come off because they do not sometimes. At this time, you can still stack ZVR digital coupons with paper manufacturer coupons at Harris Teeter. Not sure that will continue once Kroger is the owner, but we shall see. Not everyone gets the same ZVR e-coupons so if you see one listed above that you do not have on your digital coupons, it could be that if was not offered to you.