Harris Teeter Super Doubles buzz
Posted September 18, 2015
Updated September 19, 2015
There is talk about a possible Harris Teeter Super Doubles promotion in the near future.
Multiple people have contacted me in the last 48 hours to share that their stores are telling them about a very short Super Doubles event running September 27 - 29.
Some of my sources are saying the event will only be for Raleigh and Charlotte markets but others are saying that it will be company-wide. At this point, we don't know, but I'll let you know as soon as I have the information.
This promotion has NOT been confirmed but I wanted to share what I am hearing so you can prepare just in case. I don't usually share rumors like this so long before the event, but many local stores have been telling Smart Shopper readers about the promo in the last couple days, so it looks very promising.
I hope to have more information by early next week and I'll let you know when I do. Thanks to everyone who contacted me about this possible event!
Feel free to post if your store shares any additional details.
Coupon policies and tips for shopping Harris Teeter Super Doubles:
* HT will be Super Doubling coupons worth up to $2 face value. This means that a $1.00 coupon will double to $2.00, a $1.50 coupon will double to $3.00 and a $2.00 coupon will double to $4.00!
* HT begins super doubling coupons at 7:00 AM on the first day of the sale. 24 hour stores do not super double coupons before 7:00 AM on the first day (at least that is how it has always worked in the past). Your best bet is to get to the store before 7 am if you want to get the freebies and best deals. Some people get there at 6:15 am or earlier and then wait in line until the register allows coupons to begin Super Doubling at 7 am.
* HT will super double/double up to 20 coupons per household per day. Spouse's cards registered with the same address are linked because the policy is 20 per household, per day. If you have twenty $1 coupons and twenty .75 coupons, only 20 total will double. They will not double 20 coupons that are under $1 and also super double another 20 coupons that are over $1. It's 20 total coupons that are $2 or less doubled per day.
* HT policy is to double up to 3 identical coupons (as long as you buy the product required for each coupon, of course). So, if you have five $1.00 coupons for a product, the policy is to only super double the first three. The other 2 will be accepted at face value.
* Printable coupons: HT will accept 3 printable coupons per like item, per store, per day, according to their policy. So if you buy 3 identical items and you have a printable coupon for each one, you can use all three.
* Be sure to get rainchecks for the items that are on sale and out of stock (if your store allows it) . Rainchecks at Harris Teeter do not expire so you can use them at the next Super Doubles if you have coupons to go with them (which often happens). If you get a rain check during Super Doubles and use the rain check the next week, your $1 - $2 coupons will not be Super Doubled. You will still get the sale price, but unless you use the rain check during a Super Doubles week, the coupons will be accepted per their usual coupon doubling policy (.99 or less).
* If your store is out of your favorite deals (and they will be out of some of them) ask the customer service folks when the next truck arrives so you know when they will be restocking.
* Enjoy the deals you are able to get and please remember that many of the best deals will sell out quickly. The stores will reorder those items, but often, the warehouse runs out so they cannot get the stock. Please be nice to the store employees as it is not their fault if items are out of stock. And if you are excited about your great deals, give Harris Teeter a call at their Customer Service number, send them an e-mail via their website or post a comment to their Facebook page to thank them. Happy Shopping!