Halloween's just around the corner, and if you're looking for fun ways to celebrate, there are plenty of options this weekend. We also have a few picks for events this weekend that aren't Halloween-related but are every bit as fun.
A Shopping SPREE
This annual shopping event continues through the weekend at Raleigh Convention Center. Search around for a good deal while supporting the Junior League of Raleigh. General shopping for A Shopping SPREE begins at 8:30 a.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday, although you can beat the crowds with the Weekend Wake-Up on Saturday morning. A four-day pass is $10.
Fall Fundraiser Sale
The Green Chair Project's annual Fall Fundraiser Sale is Friday-Sunday and offers new, vintage, antique and gently-used furnishings donated by local stores and designers. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door, and all the proceeds will help the Green Chair Project continue their work of reusing and recycling furnishings while renewing lives.
Durham Pub Crawl and Haunted Adventure Tour
Spooks and spirits go hand in hand for the Durham Pub Crawl & Haunted Adventure Tour. Guests will start out at the American Tobacco Campus and then spend time in four bars and four haunted locations while learning about paranormal history. This weekend (and on Halloween) tours are sure to fill up fast. Tickets are $20 and available online.
Plenty of bars and clubs are offering drink specials, live music and costume contests this weekend to celebrate Halloween. Here are our best bets for nightlife in the Triangle.
- Madd-Elaine Halloween Bash at The Big Easy (Saturday): Free live music from a range of genres in the heart of downtown.
- The Oxford's Fourth Annual Halloweeniversary (Saturday): No cover, live music, professional photographer, $500 cash prize to best group costume.
- Amra's Halloween Night of Fright (Saturday): $5 cover, live 80s music, $500 cash prize to best individual costume ($200 runner-up).
- Carolina Ale House's Ale-O-Ween Costume Contest (Saturday, multiple locations): $250 cash for best costume, all participants get a $5 gift card; drink specials on Bud Light and Jagermeister mixed drinks.
- Halloween Dance Party at BienVenue (Friday): DJ, drink specials, light appetizers and a costume contest. Tickets are $10.
- Tir na nOg's Halloween with the Celts (Friday and Saturday): Scottish whisky tasting on Saturday and five live bands both nights. Tickets are $60 for Saturday's tasting and show.