Grand opening of Cary Publix on Wednesday: Milk deal!
Posted October 28, 2014
Updated October 29, 2014
Cary, N.C. — Publix will have the grand opening for the new Cary store on Wednesday. I had the opportunity to see the store on Tuesday afternoon, and it is beautiful! The samples were pretty fabulous as well! Here are some photos and information from the preview event. You will also find information about the coupon policy below.
If you head out to the store this week, let us know what you think.
Grand Opening Date: Wednesday, October 29
Grand Opening Time: 7 a.m.
Location: Publix at Bradford, 1020 Bradford Plaza Way, Cary, NC 27519 (The store is located at the corner of High House Road and Davis Drive in the Bradford Shopping Center.)
Store hours: Seven days a week from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Grand Opening Events: Ribbon cutting at 6:45 a.m. on Wednesday. The Green Hope High School Drum Line will be performing at the ribbon-cutting. Heavy sampling and free reusable bags (while they last) will be offered during the week as well.
In-ad coupon: The ad has a coupon on the front page for $10 off the purchase of a $50 Gas Card with a grocery purchase of $50 or more. See ad for details. Coupon valid October 29 - Sunday, November 2.
Milk Special: Publix Milk, 1 gallon, is on sale starting October 29 for $2.99 - a great price!
I'll have a weekly deals list posted by Wednesday morning of each week with all the best deals from the ad.
During the Media Preview on Tuesday, I had a chance to tour the store and sample a number of delicious products. You can see a photo of the fabulous Chocolate Ganache Cake above. In addition, we sampled the hot bar, sushi, steak and more. Everything was delicious!
One of the quotes from the Divisional Vice President really caught my attention. He said that "Publix makes savings simple: no cards, no forms and definitely no hassles." Their goal in the next 16 - 20 months is to create 3,000 jobs in NC. And he pointed out that Publix has never has a layoff. That's pretty impressive.
During the event, Publix donated $500 each to 10 different area schools. They stressed their commitment to giving back and partnering with the community to make it a better place to live.
Here are some interesting details I picked up on the tour:
Deli kiosk and online deli ordering: You can place your deli and sub order online before heading to the store and they will have it ready for you when you arrive. There is also an in-store kiosk where you can place the order and then they fill your order while you shop.
There is a seating area and free Wi-Fi in the deli.
Apron's Simple Meals: Publix offers a section of the store called Apron's Simple Meals. There you will find all the ingredients to make a full meal. There are two meals highlighted per week. We sampled the Zesty Chicken Orzo, and it was definitely something my family would enjoy. There are cooking demonstrations on a daily basis.
The seafood department offers 60 - 70 types of seafood each day. Their whole fish and fillets are never frozen and are always fresh.
Event Planning: Publix offers an Event Planning department and they can help with just about any type of event including weddings, corporate functions or just lunch for the whole office. They also offer delivery.
Bakery: The Publix bakery makes 23 varieties of bread from scratch. They sent home a loaf of their Breakfast Bread and it is loaded with fruit and very good.
Pharmacy: There are a number of medications that are completely free with prescription including various oral antibiotics and more. See the pharmacy for details.
Publix offers a free Baby Club and a Preschool Pals Club. Sign up at Publix.com for coupons, newsletters and freebies.
The 49,000-square-foot store has approximately 135 employees.
Publix Coupon Policy basics:
- No double coupons in NC stores
- Limit of 8 of the same coupons per day
- Publix accepts competitor's coupons and competitor's prescription coupons (at the pharmacy)
- Can use a Manuf. coupon AND a Publix or Competitor's coupon on the same item
- Cannot combine the manufacturer's digital coupons from their website with paper manufacturer coupons
- No % off or % off total coupons are accepted
- No mobile coupons are accepted
- Coupons for a total off your total order (like $5 off a $20 purchase) will be limited to one Publix and one competitor's coupon per day
- Rain checks are only issued for items that are advertised outside the store (on the radio or TV, or in the weekly ad, mailer, or Internet site)
- No rain checks will be issued for Publix, competitor's, or manufacturer's coupons.
You can see their full coupon policy on their website.
- No reward card for Publix stores
- Sign up on Publix.com for digital coupons and use your phone number at register to redeem them
- BOGO (buy one get one free) offers are each considered a separate purchase
- Download the mobile app to see sales
Publix was founded in 1930 in Winter Haven, Florida, by George W. Jenkins. They are the largest employee-owned grocery chain in the United States. In 2013, their retail sales were $28.9 billion and they have over 168,500 employees.