Local News

Goldsboro Wal-Mart Catches Fire

Posted January 16, 2008

— Two employees were taken to a hospital Tuesday after a fire started in a clothing department at a Goldsboro Wal-Mart.

One employee was treated for smoke inhalation, and the other suffered chest pains, authorities said. There was no word on their conditions. Customers said they were forced to leave as smoke filled the store.

The cause of the fire, which started around 11:30 p.m. at the store on North Spence Avenue, was under investigation.

11 Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • BeachBum08 Jan 17, 2008

    I have not yet been to the one in rosewood, but i heard it is really nice. My husband got a notice at his office that they were going to see how sales were but that in about a year they would probably close the one on spence down.

  • 1simplegirl Jan 16, 2008

    The Wal-mart in Rosewood is the best thing this county has done in a while!!

  • bosoxbaby Jan 16, 2008

    ame5986 - no need to remodel. As we understand it they will be shutting down this wal-mart in 2 years since they now have the one in Rosewood and Mt. Olive. I hope that's not the case simply because the state spent all that money on the overpass for/because of Wal-mart.

  • toolman Jan 16, 2008

    bigredtruckman-
    wal-mart is soooooo hot! That's more than you can say for your BB team!!!!!!!!!!

  • BeachBum08 Jan 16, 2008

    hello people have you ever been inside this walmart?!? IT SUCKS! maybe this weill give them a reason to remodel!!

  • pwilliamson53 Jan 16, 2008

    Yeah blame another smoker. We get blamed for everything. But what would this state had been without our tobacco farmers? We are responsible even when we're not giving the credit. I hope they find out the cause and why? But smokers aren't always the guilty party.

  • TruthBKnown Banned Again02 Jan 16, 2008

    Probably a smoker couldn't wait 10 minutes to get outside for a smoke.

  • bigredtruckman Jan 16, 2008

    Maybe the clothes spontaneously combusted. We all know that clothing from Wal-Mart is SOOOOO HOT!

  • methinks Jan 16, 2008

    It is a felony to set fire to an occupied dwelling last I heard.

  • thugsnightmare Jan 16, 2008

    You know, Wal Mart has one of the best security camera systems avaliable. I bet the perp (s) are on video setting the fire. Hope they catch them, lock them up, and throw away the key. They should be charged with the attempted murder of everyone in the store.

More...