Goldsboro man charged in string of robberies
Posted April 3
Goldsboro, N.C. — A homeless Goldsboro man has been charged in more than a dozen robberies since last summer, police said Monday.
Goldsboro police on Thursday charged Warren Baker Jr., 31, with 12 counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon, six counts of second-degree kidnapping, three counts of larceny of a motor vehicle and one count of attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon. Wayne County and Duplin County authorities also charged Baker with robberies in their jurisdictions.
The following robberies in Goldsboro have been linked to Baker:
- Aug. 31, ABC Store, 1316 W. Grantham St.
- Oct. 6, Family Dollar, 2529 E. Ash St.
- Oct. 16, Subway, 101 Patetown Road
- Oct. 21, Burger King. 1901 N. Berkeley Blvd.
- Nov. 30, Family Dollar, 2529 E. Ash St.
- Dec. 8, Hardees, 1109 Eleventh St.
- Dec. 8, woman, parking lot at 601 Royall Ave.
- Dec. 9, Dollar General, 1400 W. Grantham St.
- Jan. 28, Circle K, 600 N. Spence Ave.
Baker is being held in the Wayne County jail under a $600,000 bond.