Raleigh, N.C. — Several North Carolina companies are being honored for their commitment to delicious, sustainable food products.
Seven North Carolina companies received Good Food Awards last week.
"The Good Food Awards celebrate the kind of food we all want to eat: tasty, authentic and responsibly produced. We grant awards to outstanding American food producers and the farmers who provide their ingredients," according to contest's website.
Here are the winners from North Carolina:
BEER: Fullsteam Brewery (Durham) honored for its Brandy Barrel-Aged First Frost
- Goat Lady Dairy (Climax) honored for its Lindale & Providence
- Prodigal Farm (Rougemont) honored for its Field of Creams
- Escazu Chocolates (Raleigh) honored for its 70 percent Piura Blanco, Peru chocolate
- Brasstown Chocolate (Winston Salem) honored for its Ecuador 75 percent chocolate
- Farmer’s Daughter (Hillsborough) selected for its Ramp and Mustard Seed Kraut and Ruby Kraut and Hot Chili Okra Pickles
- Two Chicks Farm (Hillsborough) honored for its Dill Pickles
- Farmer’s Daughter (Hillsborough) honored for its Bourbon’d Figs