Raleigh, N.C. — Some Independence Day celebrations along the North Carolina coast have been moved due to Hurricane Arthur. Here's a rundown of what's been changed:
- Surf City - Moved their July 3 celebration to Aug. 29 and will rebrand it as an "End of Summer" celebration.
- Avon - The July 4th fireworks show on the Avon Fishing Pier has been moved to Monday, July 7 at 9 p.m.
- Manteo - All July 4th events in the town have been moved to Sunday, July 6.
- Nags Head - The town has moved its fireworks show from July 4 to Saturday, July 5 at 9:25 p.m. at Nags Head Pier.
- Duck - The town has canceled its parade scheduled for Friday. It will not be rescheduled.
- Seymour Johnson Air Force Base - The Independence Day celebration planned for July 3 has been moved to Aug. 15 and will now be an "End of Summer" celebration.
- Rocky Mount - The city has canceled its 43rd annual Independence Day celebration scheduled for July 3. Officials said they will reschedule it, but no date has been announced.
We will keep updating this list as more info is announced.