Local News

Resident transported after sprinklers malfunction at Fayetteville nursing home

Posted August 6

WRAL News

— The ceiling of a Fayetteville nursing home caved in Saturday as a result of flooding, officials said, and one resident and a staff member were transported to the hospital on precautionary measures.

Around 7:30 p.m., emergency officials responded to the Campbellton Healthcare Center located at 2461 Legion Road. At the scene, they determined that a broken sprinkler pipe above the ceiling caused moderate flooding of a hallway and the ceiling to partially collapse.

There was no fire, officials said, as this was a malfunction of the building's sprinkler system piping. Inspectors have instituted a "fire watch" within the facility until the sprinkler system has been repaired and is fully operational.

Map
Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all