Firewurst: Curry Ketchup recipe
Posted April 28, 2014
Updated April 29, 2014
Curry ketchup is a staple in Germany. This sauce is served alongside sausages, dogs and regular fries at Firewurst.
What you need:
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Diced Yellow Onions (maybe a little more if you love onions!)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Yellow Curry Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/8 Cup Water
- 1 Pinch of Salt
1. Sautee Diced onions in a pot on medium heat with Oil and Paprika
2. Add Tomato Sauce and Ketchup and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes
3. Stir in Curry Powder, Cumin, and Salt
4. Process in a blender, until smooth, adding water
5. Serve cold, just like ketchup!
6. Serve on Dogs or Sausages and even as a dipping sauce for fries, veggies, etc.