Local News

Fire Strikes on Move-In Day

Posted September 1, 2007

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A house fire gave a rude welcome to some roommates moving into a Raleigh home.

A fire broke out in a house at 5513 Kaplan Drive, near the intersection with Athens Drive, shortly after 10 a.m. on Saturday.

The fire started when one of the roommates put a box on a hot stove, and it began smoking, officials said.

Firefighters said no one was hurt, and damage was confined to one part of the house.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all