Local News

Fire strikes commercial building in Benson

Posted May 7, 2009

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— Crews battled a commercial structure fire Thursday morning at Polymer Group Inc., 1203 Chicopee Road in Benson.

A lightning strike is believed to have caused the fire, which started around 6:30 a.m., according to a company spokesman.

The company, which employs about 300 people, makes engineered materials for the hygiene, wipes, medical and industrial markets, according to its Web site.

Company officials said they hope to reopen the facility later Thursday.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all