Local News

Fire Spreads Smoke in UNC Alumni Center

Posted February 11, 2008

— Firefighters battled a smoky kitchen fire Monday evening at the University North Carolina's George Watts Hill Alumni Center at 106 Stadium Drive.

It took Chapel Hill crews more than  half-hour to clear smoke from the building. Town police said grease in the kitchen caught fire.

The Hill Center was built in 1993, according to university information.

1 Comment

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • Valkyrie Feb 12, 2008

    Probably some Dukies without a "Fire Permit" are responsible!
    LOL ;-)