Local News

Fire in Johnston County was accidental

Posted May 5, 2009

Map Marker  Find News Near Me


— Johnston County Fire Marshal Chris Perry said the fire at 923 Glen Laurel Road Monday was started accidentally. The homeowner was working in the garage when his tools ignited the blaze, Perry said.

Footage taken by WRAL News' helicopter Sky 5 showed flames and dense, black smoke pouring from the roof of a light brown, two-story house. The garage is a total loss and the house sustained water and smoke damage, Perry said.

The owner was treated for exhaustion at the scene of the fire but was not burned in the fire. His name was not released.

1 Comment

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • WABRS May 5, 2009

    I'd been inside that home, and it was lovely! Glad to hear the owner was not seriously hurt.