Local News

Fire displaces six from Fayetteville apartment complex

Posted October 1, 2013

— Six residents of a three-story Fayetteville apartment complex were displaced early Tuesday after a fire broke out in a unit on the second floor, officials said. 

Fire crews responded to 6740 Willow Brooke Drive at about 1:30 a.m. and were able to contain the fire to one unit of the complex.

No one was injured in the blaze, but the unit where the fire started was heavily damaged and other units were impacted by smoke. The fire was caused by an unattended candle, investigators said. 

Red Cross volunteers were assisting the residents who were displaced.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all