Fire displaces seven from Raleigh apartment
Posted January 30, 2012
Raleigh, N.C. — Seven people were displaced from a Raleigh apartment Sunday night after a fire started in a second-floor bedroom.
Raleigh firefighters responded to a call about a fire just after 8:20 p.m. at an apartment at 2613 McNeill St., near Old Wake Forest Road.
Authorities said the fire started in a bedroom, but weren't sure of the cause. It was extinguished by 8:45 p.m.
No one was injured, but three adults and four children were displaced.
Red Cross officials were on scene to assist the people in finding shelter for the night, authorities said.
No other information was released.