Fire displaces residents at Apex assisted living facility
Posted December 20, 2012
Apex, N.C. — About 49 people were displaced Thursday night when fire broke out at Brookridge Assisted Living Center in Apex, authorities said. No one was injured.
The fire was contained to a utility room in the building, at 312 Lynch St. The cause of the fire, which broke out around 8:30 p.m., is being investigated.
The displaced residents were taken to a facility next door while firefighters fight the blaze and secure the building.