Local News

Fire destroys Raleigh apartment

Posted December 7, 2010

Map Marker  Find News Near Me


— Fire destroyed a Duraleigh Woods apartment Tuesday morning at 5710 Oak Meadow Lane due to "improperly stored combustible materials on top of the stove," according to the fire incident report.

When firefighters arrived, they found heavy fire and smoke coming from an upstairs unit, apartment 2505, which was destroyed. No one was injured.

Twenty-nine firefighters responded to the blaze, according to the report.

1 Comment

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • itisisaysme Dec 7, 2010

    I hope they were insured. I used to live in this apartment complex 2.5 years ago and they do require you to have renter's insurance upon move in. That doesn't necessarily mean that the tenant will keep it up to date like they are supposed to but it is required that you do so. They just don't check. Either way, times are hard and I hope they are okay.