Local News

Fire destroys home in Lillington

Posted April 12, 2012

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A two-story home in Lillington was destroyed early Thursday by a fire that started in the chimney around 3 a.m., authorities said. 

Five people were displaced, but no injuries were reported.  

When firefighters arrived at the home, off N.C. Highway 27 West in Lillington, the fire was fully involved. 

An investigation into what started the fire is ongoing. 


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • smalldogsrule Apr 12, 2012

    The house was the home of the father of one of my coworkers.

  • Packy Apr 12, 2012

    It was close to Nursery Road... not far from Western Harnett High School

  • Fuquay Resident Apr 12, 2012

    I wonder where this was. I was awake at 3 a.m. and didn't hear anything on my scanner. Maybe there will be more details at noon.