Local News

Fire damages Kenly restaurant

Posted August 30, 2008
Updated August 31, 2008

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A Kenly restaurant was damaged in a fire Saturday evening, officials said.

The fire at Patrick’s Restaurant, a family-owned cafeteria at 201 North Church St., started in the kitchen around 7:45 p.m. Four fire departments responded and brought the fire under control in about an hour.

Crews shut down U.S. Highway 301 and asked Johnston County to boost water pressure to the town while fighting the fire.

About half of the restaurant's interior was damaged. No one was injured.

Owner Dale Moore said the business has been in his family for 30 years, and he took it over from his father 15 years ago. Moore said he plans to do repairs and reopen the restaurant.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all