Local News

Fire claims former Magnolia Grill

Posted January 2, 2014

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— The Durham building that used to house the Magnolia Grill restaurant burned Thursday.

Firefighters were called to the vacant building at 1002 Ninth St. just before 3 p.m. to find smoke pouring from the roof.

There was no immediate information about what sparked the fire.

3 Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • Jordy Jan 3, 2014

    ...cold weather? Homeless...

  • gingerlynn Jan 3, 2014

    Maybe, or perhaps some homeless people trying to keep warm in there and starting a fire.

  • 42_wral_mods_suck_i'm_gone Jan 2, 2014

    "There was no immediate information about what sparked the fire."

    Someone forgot to pay Paulie...
    "And, finally, when there’s nothing left, when you can’t borrow another buck from the bank or buy another case of booze, you bust the joint out."