Local News

Fire Causes Chapel Hill High Evacuation

Posted August 30, 2007

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A small fire set in a restroom toilet paper dispenser led to the evacuation of Chapel Hill High School Thursday morning, officials said.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Damage was restricted to a restroom and a hallway in the C Building, which is used for cultural arts courses, officials said. No estimate on the cost of the damage was available.

School administrators are investigating the incident to find the student or students responsible for setting the fire.

Classes scheduled to meet near where the fire occurred were relocated for the afternoon.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all