Local News

Fire causes $40,000 in damage to Carrboro retirement center

Posted August 21, 2008

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— Orange County officials say a fire at a Carrboro retirement center caused about $40,000 worth of damage.

Investigators say a woman accidentally set fire to her mattress with a match late Wednesday.

It happened at Carolina Springs Independent Living at 600 W. Poplar Ave.

Crews evacuated the building and later allowed everyone back inside. Two people had to find another place to go because of fire and water damage to their units.

No one was hurt.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all