Local News

Fire at Raleigh KFC ruled accidental

Posted November 9, 2008
Updated November 10, 2008

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— Employees and customers evacuated after a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant on Western Boulevard caught fire Sunday afternoon.

When firefighters arrived at about 1 p.m., the fire was in the walls and had gotten up to the roof. Crews cut open the roof and extinguished the blaze at 3928 Western Blvd., near Kent Road.

The fire was ruled accidental and no injuries were reported, investigators said.

The restaurant will be close for at least three days while the building is repaired and cleaned, officials said.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • lovecarolinagutters Nov 10, 2008

    having worked as maintenance tech for a kfc franchisee, i would bet this fire was caused by........grease..grease..and more grease. not in the fryers but on the floors, walls, ceilings and the equiptment used to cook. the franchisee i was with furnished thier employees "one" uniform after reciving a $35 dollar deposit.paid minimum wage therefore providing single working moms,students etc. the opportunity to slave over a hot kitchen for 8 hours......you do the math.

  • anonemoose Nov 10, 2008

    Now you have Original, Extra Crispy, or extra-extra crispy.

  • foetine Nov 10, 2008

    Did the gravy combust?

  • jkca Nov 10, 2008

    So now, all of the chicken is extra crispy? Or is blackened chicken on the menu now?