Finalists in ATC Christmas tree challenge announced
Posted December 21, 2014
Raleigh, N.C. — Ten Triangle nonprofits won cash and prizes as part of the American Tobacco Campus' fifth annual Triangle Christmas Tree Challenge. The event marked the finale of the ATC's 10th anniversary.
More than 50 nonprofits decorated Christmas trees at Diamond View Park.
The event was sponsored by FHI360, Fox 50, Intellicom, Mosca Design and WRAL.com.
ATC is owned by Capital Broadcasting Company, the parent company of Fox 50 and WRAL.com.
- Coalition to Unchain Dogs – $5,000
- Second Chance Pet Adoption – $2,500
- SPCA of Wake County – $1,000
- Best Friend Pet Adoption – $500
Special judges’ awards:
- Scrap Exchange – $1,000
- Keep Durham Beautiful – $1,000
- American Dance Festival – $1,000
- Fox 50 Community First: Salvation Army of Wake County will be offered a Public Service Announcement campaign on Fox 50. (estimated value $2,500)
- DPAC Community Star Award: Duke Cancer Patient Support Program (Tree Sponsor: Triangle Chapter - National Association for Catering & Events) will be offered a DPAC ticket prize package. (estimated value $1,500-$2,000)
- Wool E. Bull Prime Cut Award: Children's Flight of Hope will be offered the use of the American Tobacco Suite at DBAP during the 2015 Season. (estimated value $1,350)