Local News

Fayetteville steak house charred in fire

Posted April 9

Flames burst through the roof of the Haymont Grill and Steak House, at 1304 Morganton Road, at about 3:30 a.m. (Photos by: Terry Dietrick)
Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— A popular Fayetteville steak house was charred by a fire early Saturday morning.

Flames burst through the roof of the Haymont Grill and Steak House, at 1304 Morganton Road, at about 3:30 a.m. No one was in the building at the time of the fire, officials said.

The fire was so intense that firefighters had to back out of the building.

Officials said they do not yet know the cause of the fire, but said there was a substantial loss of contents in the building.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all