Fayetteville police seek to ID man in robbery spree
Posted November 30, 2011
Fayetteville, N.C. — Fayetteville police are seeking to identify a person of interest in a recent robbery spree.
Police said the robberies took place at convenience stores and fast food restaurants over five days in the past week:
- Kangaroo, 3122 Fort Bragg Road, on Nov. 24 at 1:33 a.m.
- Kangaroo, 6489 Yadkin Road, on Nov. 26 at 12:33 a.m.
- Wendy’s, 3798 Ramsey St., on Nov. 26 at 10:33 p.m.
- Scotchman, 6508 Yadkin Road, on Nov. at 8:09 p.m.
- Hess-Wilco, 4560 Raeford Road, on Nov. 28 at 1:03 a.m.
In each robbery, a man displayed a weapon, demanded money from an employee, then ran from the building and possibly got into a waiting vehicle, police said. One witness saw the robber get into a purple SUV.
The man is described as white, 20 to 35 years old, between 5 feet 7 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall, with a thin build.
Anyone with information about the man or the places that have been robbed is asked to call Fayetteville police at 910-433-1856 or Crime Stoppers at 910-483-8477. Crime Stoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that lead to arrests.