Fayetteville man faces murder charge eight years after abuse
Posted August 7, 2012
Updated August 8, 2012
Fayetteville, N.C. — A Fayetteville man who abused his toddler in 2004 now faces first-degree murder charges in the boy's death.
After a 24-hour manhunt, Harold Farris was taken into custody Wednesday evening, police said.
Farris was convicted in 2006 of felony child abuse and child abuse inflicting serious injury. He served more than two years in prison, and his parole ended in September 2009, according to state Department of Correction records.
His son, Jeramiah, had been hospitalized since the abuse and was in a comatose state, police said. He died last year at the age of 9.