Fayetteville hotel declared 'dangerous'
Posted September 15, 2010
Fayetteville, N.C. — A hotel in Fayetteville has so many code violations that it is dangerous to guests, city inspectors declared Monday.
The Traveler's Inn, at 2065 Cedar Creek Road, was cited for deficiencies in structure, wiring, sanitation and the lack of operating smoke detectors, according to Doug Maples, Fayetteville's building plan review and inspection manager.
Monday's inspection came on the heels of an incident at the hotel on Labor Day weekend when someone fell on the stairs.
Maples said signs have been on all entrances to the building to warn guests of the dangers.
The owners have 30 days to come up with a plan for how they are going to bring the building back up to code, Maples said. Failing that, the city can take steps to condemn it.