Local News

Fayetteville firefighters rescue teen from burning house

Posted October 16, 2009

Map Marker  Find News Near Me


— Fayetteville firefighters rescued a 15-year-old boy from his burning house early Friday at 125 Kensington Circle.

The boy, whose name was not released, suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to Cape Fear Medical Center, according to Battalion Chief Nixon Spell. He was conscious when crews rescued him. His current condition is unknown.

Rescue crews found him in his bedroom after he called 911 around 2:50 a.m. The boy lives at the house with his mother and sister. They were not home at the time, authorities said.

Authorities said they think the fire was caused by an overloaded surge protector in the home's living room. 


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • poeticallycorrect-InvNo1 Oct 16, 2009

    Where were the mother and sister at that early in the morning??

  • Professor Oct 16, 2009

    I hope the young man will be OK.

  • Firefox 384 Oct 16, 2009

    Yes way to go Fayetteville Fire Dept. Since he was upstairs on the second story the firefighters had to go to the hottest section to rescue this young man. I'm glad no one was more seriously hurt.

  • frftr187 Oct 16, 2009

    Job well done. Hopefully this young man will have no significant injuries. Great work Fayetteville firemen.