Local News

Faulty AC unit to blame for Raleigh hotel fire

Posted December 11, 2014
Updated December 12, 2014

Authorities evacuated a Holiday Inn in Raleigh after a fire broke out Thursday afternoon.
Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— Authorities evacuated a Holiday Inn in Raleigh after a fire broke out Thursday afternoon.

The fire, at the six-story hotel off Capital Boulevard near Interstate 440, was quickly knocked down, and no injuries were reported.

Raleigh Fire Department officials said the blaze was caused by a faulty heating-cooling unit in one of the third-floor rooms. The damage to the building was minimal.

Firefighters said they responded to a 911 call and arrived to find heavy smoke on the second and third floors. Hotel personnel assisted in the evacuation.

1 Comment

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • Todd Jenkins Dec 12, 2014
    user avatar

    Not the first time they have been called to this location. Time to shut it down for renovations...