National News

Fargo fire department investigate after a report of a possible gas leak in a south Fargo neighborhood

Posted August 2

— A south Fargo family called 911 to report what they believed was a gas leak early Wednesday morning.

The family of a home in the Prairiewood neighborhood on Birch Lane South woke up around 1 a.m. to the smell of what they believed was natural gas and then self-evacuated from their home.

Fire crews arrived on the scene and after a brief investigation it was determined that a transformer inside the home had gone bad and was the cause of the foul smell.

Crews cleared the scene in about 45 minutes and no report of injury was reported.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all