Local News

Family unharmed in Fayetteville fire

Posted September 21, 2009

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A Fayetteville woman and her three were children unharmed Sunday evening when their home caught fire.

Capt. Mike Godwin of the Fayetteville Fire Department said his crew was called to 6485 Pittsfield Drive at about 5 p.m.

The woman, whose husband is a soldier serving in Afghanistan, was cooking dinner. She left the stove to check on her baby and returned to find a grease fire and heavy smoke in the kitchen, Godwin said.

The Red Cross was helping the family recover from their losses.

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all