Raleigh, N.C. — Time Warner Cable will roll out a new digital channel lineup next month throughout the WRAL viewing area that rearranges channels into categories, such as news, sports, music and family.
The new lineup will be in effect for customers on the following days:
- June 2: Fayetteville, Southern Pines, Pinehurst, Spring Lake, Raeford, Fort Bragg, Dunn and Wilson
- June 8: Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Wake Forest, Youngsville, Rolesville, Zebulon, Garner, Selma, Goldsboro and Farmville
- June 16: Durham, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Hillsborough, Henderson and Bunn
The new channel lineup will be grouped as follows:
- 100s- Local Broadcasters & Local Programming
- 200s- Kids & Family, Learning & Discovery, Faith & Inspiration
- 300s- Entertainment, Home & Leisure, Shopping
- 400s- News & Information, Music
- 500s- Sports
- 600s- Movies
- 700s- Premiums, Pay-Per-View & Events
- 800s- International
- 900s- Music Choice
- 1000s- On Demand
- 1100 and above- High Definition
WRAL-TV stays on channel 3 for basic cable, moves to 105 on digital cable and 1105 in high definition.
Customers searching for the high-definition version of a station will need to add a “1” in front of the number. For example, ESPN will be on channel 500, so the HD version will be found on 1500.