North Carolina State Fair
- Your 2013 fair photos
- Flower & Garden Show at the N.C. State Fair
- Oct. 23 at the 2013 State Fair
- Animals at the NC State Fair
- Scotty McCreery performs at State Fair
- Out & About at the State Fair
- Florida-Georgia Line performs at NC State Fair
- State Fair after dark
- NC State Fair rides
- WRAL at the Fair
The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina collected 243,000 pounds of food during 'can day' at the 2013 N.C. State Fair, according to numbers released Friday.
Bethanie Matheson, the winner of the State Fair's Karo "Sweet Treats for Sweethearts" contest, visited the WRAL Studio with her blue ribbon Hot Toddy Pecan Bars.
Gail Fuller won the 2013 Pillsbury Pet-Ritz Pie Baking Championship at the North Carolina State Fair with her recipe for Kiwi Summer Lemonade Pie.
At the Fair, there's uphill and there's downhill. Uphill there's the Dorton Arena, the Scott Building, tons of food vendors, exhibition halls, and Kiddieland. Downhill there's the new midway and (a different way) the old midway. Downhill and moving away from the main part of the Fair you have the Village of Yesteryear, Heritage Circle, and the flower and garden area.
All three of these areas tend to get short shrift. They're practically on your way out if you're leaving by Gate 8, they're a long way from the bright lights and the rides, and they're not noisy or flashy. But they're worth exploring. The garden area in particular has surprises every year.
One of the first things you'll notice when you enter the garden area this year is a little mini-golf course. This tiny three-hole course is a partnership between the Penn State Pesticide Education Program and the NC State Pesticide Safety Education Program. Play a little golf and learn about pesticides and insecticides...
- NCStateFair: From the Blog: Last-minute gifts available this weekend @ Fairgrounds. @RalFleaMarket http://t.co/PDphCX067Z
— Friday, December 20, 2013 9:56 AM
- RobertsLawTeam: Vortex tragedy at #NCStateFair ends in two indictments: http://t.co/BDEptzCmn9 #Raleigh #criminaldefense
— Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:53 PM
- snwann: RT @wral: Vortex owner, operator indicted on assault charge http://t.co/QnV8cSQ2Mg #NCStateFair
— Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:24 PM
- WNCN: The ride operator and man who owned the ride that 5 people were injured on during the #NCStateFair have been indicted http://t.co/Th2K3eumn3
— Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:54 PM
- theechriswhite: I wish an awesome group like @karminmusic would come to the #NCStateFair next year. Would love more variety in the concert lineup!
— Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:25 PM
- NCStateFair: This weekend @ Fairgrounds: Classic Car Auction, Toy Train Sale & Swap Meet, Scandinavian Christmas Fair, Flea Market
— Friday, December 6, 2013 3:36 PM
- NCStateFair: Lost and Found is open through Dec. 15th! If you lost keys, wallets, cell phones, jackets, etc. at the 2013 fair, call 919-821-7400.
— Monday, December 2, 2013 1:46 PM
- NCStateFair: RT @43KIXRaleigh: @NCStateFair hosts Christmas Carousel Holiday Festival all weekend. Maybe you can get your picture taken with Santa!
— Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:12 PM
- NCStateFair: RT @briantheniceguy: Very cool to have my little video featured as one of their favorites on the NC State Fair blog… http://t.co/ibwI21eGcq
— Monday, November 25, 2013 9:30 AM
- NCStateFair: Revisiting the 2013 fair with videos by @hupdiggs and @TheWatts_SFS http://t.co/8JIwcDx1QG #FridayFun
— Friday, November 22, 2013 3:27 PM
- NCStateFair: It's Pecan Day at the State Farmers Market. Great time to stock up on pecans for our winning recipes: http://t.co/A30GB792vw
— Friday, November 22, 2013 10:31 AM
- NCStateFair: Who loves the flea market? From @indyweek: The Raleigh Flea Market as the great American equalizer http://t.co/LW9u2gckTF
— Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:45 PM
- NCStateFair: Here's a great look at a fair favorite: @ncstatedairy Howling Cow: from pasture to cone http://t.co/Y7DoVcCPxt
— Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:30 PM
- NCStateFair: RT @junktionfet: @NCStateFair Had fun at the Carolina Collector Auto Fest and went home with some cool stuff! http://t.co/RatDPedzta
— Monday, November 18, 2013 1:44 PM
- NCStateFair: @CarrieG2BPub That will help you get through the next 331 days until the 2014 fair opens!
— Monday, November 18, 2013 1:44 PM
- NCStateFair: Come on out to the fairgrounds: classic cars, African culture, coin & stamp show and the flea market! http://t.co/vFbGOvtzWf
— Sunday, November 17, 2013 9:32 AM
- NCStateFair: Today at the fairgrounds: classic cars, African culture, coin & stamp show and the flea market! http://t.co/tmGznEwM8K
— Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:50 AM
- NCStateFair: The Carolina Collector Auto Fest started today in the Graham Building and Dorton Arena: http://t.co/4LEjvCdhjE
— Friday, November 15, 2013 1:38 PM
- NCStateFair: You're making us hungry! "@nmadhu2k3: Sweet fair fare. The best kind. #ncstatefair #photography @NCStateFair http://t.co/IqAlMXmE2O”
— Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:07 PM
- NCStateFair: Great fun! RT @ncpig: I'm reliving the fun times from this year's @NCStateFair with a new photo album. Check it out! http://t.co/PYN190l21H
— Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:49 AM
- NCStateFair: Talk about culture shock! A Duke student from Taiwan describes the “goat beauty pageant” at the State Fair: http://t.co/cqW00bKLoB
— Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:15 AM
- NCStateFair: RT @CaraCarpenter: One more from the state fairgrounds. Love the mission style. #nc #terracottta #gottobenc #raleigh… http://t.co/SBA9yxFode
— Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:45 PM
- NCStateFair: MT @Nationwide_jobs: Claims associates from the Carolinas Claims Zone volunteered at @NCStateFair Hunger Relief Day! http://t.co/FSJuVHTpoB
— Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:29 PM
- NCStateFair: The Flea Market is back! Come on out. Free admission and free parking!
— Saturday, November 9, 2013 9:25 AM
- wral_at_fair: New blog post: 'Can day' at NC State Fair nets 243,000 pounds of food http://t.co/x5b2be6FC0
— Friday, November 1, 2013 8:39 AM
- wral_at_fair: Vortex ride operator's attorney says client is 'absolutely devastated' about what happened Thursday at @NCStateFair. http://t.co/j28UdmwvDB
— Sunday, October 27, 2013 9:20 PM
- wral_at_fair: New blog post: Blue ribbon winner visits WRAL http://t.co/xkzqvB8qPw
— Sunday, October 27, 2013 10:39 AM
- wral_at_fair: RT @nsj Looking forward to meeting folks in the @wral tent at the #NCStateFair! Come by and say hi from 1:30-3:30 today!
— Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:50 PM
- wral_at_fair: RT @tomnormanly: Judging by the sweatshirts, there are a lot of State, Duke, & UNC alumni today at the #ncstatefair
— Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:27 PM
- wral_at_fair: Ride accident, chill appears not to have hurt #NCStateFair attendance. Friday=82,163. Average for 2nd Friday=78,855.
— Saturday, October 26, 2013 9:21 AM
- wral_at_fair: New blog post: Taste of summer is pie contest winner http://t.co/ITXxzgoxhp
— Saturday, October 26, 2013 9:18 AM
- wral_at_fair: New blog post: Fair favorites: what not to miss this weekend http://t.co/FrGdkHfsfl
— Friday, October 25, 2013 3:39 PM
- wral_at_fair: Pumpkin spice funnel cake made the cut. Best deep fried food at the @NCstatefair http://t.co/xgfNfBsxB4
— Friday, October 25, 2013 3:04 PM
- wral_at_fair: RT @ZondoTV: Great day @NCStateFair with @WRALweathergal in the @wral tent. With Tassie from Rocky Mount in this shot! http://t.co/AxkSP50W…
— Friday, October 25, 2013 2:38 PM
- wral_at_fair: Harrison: Victims ages 14 and up. Ride operator among those injured. Approximately 35-40 witnesses being interviewed right now.
— Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:08 PM
- wral_at_fair: Wake Sheriff Harrison: Preliminary reports: "Ride had stopped and they were fixing to offload when the ride started off again."
— Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:06 PM
- wral_at_fair: Awaiting news briefing regarding injuries at State Fair. Watch live at http://t.co/YAYtcr4MBq
— Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:52 PM
- wral_at_fair: RT @wral ALERT: At least 5 injured at NC State Fair after ride malfunction http://t.co/J9wasL31by
— Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:46 PM
- wral_at_fair: Multiple people taken to WakeMed after accident involving Vortex ride at @NCStateFair. No word on severity of injuries.
— Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:54 PM
- wral_at_fair: RT @wral: ALERT: Accident reported at NC State Fair http://t.co/VVOyQx5qKy
— Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:39 PM
- wral_at_fair: New blog post: Mini-Golf and Praying Mantises http://t.co/Nr7qGAHgNr
— Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:30 PM
- wral_at_fair: New blog post: Tobacco-tying contest a State Fair tradition http://t.co/NTjxY5TFoK
— Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:54 PM
- wral_at_fair: Big day today: Greg Fishel @WRAL tent from 7 to 9 p.m., and get in free w. canned goods! http://t.co/a0KSCaugL7 http://t.co/2cMdzekswx
— Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:39 PM
- wral_at_fair: Need a break from the noise and crowds of the fair? Take a break in the gardens behind the Village of Yesteryear. http://t.co/SQNkZ72K6B
— Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:54 AM
Through the years, politicians and even presidents have used the NC State Fair as a venue to reach voters.
Each year, the North Carolina State Fair holds a tobacco-tying contest in which competitors race to tie together leaves of tobacco by…
A 1757 loom is on display at the Village of Yesteryear is perhaps the oldest working loom in America.
For years, Frances Lawrence made biscuits with her best friend in a tiny booth at the North Carolina State Fair. Lawrence died of…
An exhibit at this year's North Carolina State Fair is teaching fair-goers CPR basics that could help save a life.
State Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler grabs a fork and gives frittata a try at the State Fair.
Brian Shrader and Lisa Prince talk with contest winners in the North Carolina Pork Council's "Ham It Up" challenge.
WRAL's Brian Shrader speaks with a technologically-advanced friend at the NC State Fair.
Pat Short talks with WRAL News about this history of tobacco in North Carolina and what it means to the NC State Fair.
When you hear the whistle, watch out for the Wacky Wheeler. He's acrobat Rob Summerbell, and he's brought his unusual act to the…
Fans of Garner native Scotty McCreery traveled from across the country and from Canada to see their favorite country music singer at…
Debra Morgan spoke to singer Scotty McCreery before his Oct. 21, 2013, performance at the NC State Fair.