WRAL-TV Facebook Sweepstakes -Official Rules 2017 (Sponsored by Leith Automotive)
1. General. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local regulations apply. By submitting an entry to this contest, sponsored by WRAL.COM and Leith Automotive, the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. The contest photo submission period begins at 12 p.m. ET on August 7, 2017 and closes at 4:59 p.m. ET on August 7, 2017. By entering the drawing, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of WRAL.com, whose decisions are binding and final. By submitting a photo online, participants verify that the image or photo is original and that the person submitting the image or photo is the sole holder of any and all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the image or photo and give his/her consent to enter and display the photo on www.WRAL.com. WRAL.com reserves the right to change the rules at any time to ensure the fair administration of the contest and compliance with applicable laws.
2. Eligibility. The contest is open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents 18 years of age as of August 7, 2017 and who reside in North Carolina. Employees of WRAL.com/CBC New Media, LLC, WRAL-TV and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible. Persons who have won a prize valued over $100 in any WRAL.com sponsored contest in 2017 are ineligible to win this contest.
3. How to Enter. You may enter by commenting on the WRAL-TV Facebook post made at noon on August 7, 2017 and tagging the Leith Cars Facebook page along with responding to the prompt. Entrants must be the owner of the Facebook account from which the entry is made. You may enter once during the sweepstakes period. Multiple entries received from any person or email address will void all such additional entries. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Neither WRAL.com nor its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of entry information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials, errors in these rules, for any human or electronic error, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late or damaged. All entries become the property of WRAL.com/WRAL-TV, and will not be acknowledged or returned. By checking the relevant box or selection in the registration form, entrants agree that WRAL.com may contact the entrant via email with information special content or features. If you do not wish to receive these materials do not check the relevant box in the entry form. If at any time, you do not wish to receive these materials in the future, please use the unsubscribe procedures contained in the email message.
4. Selection of Winner and Odds of Winning. One (1) name will be selected through a random drawing by WRAL.COM from all eligible entries during the contest period. The winners will be notified by being tagged in a Facebook comment on the WRAL-TV page and via Facebook Messenger. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize Redemption and Releases. The winner will be notified at the contact information submitted at time of entry and will be instructed regarding how to claim and obtain the prize. Winner will be required to sign and return to WRAL-TV an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within 7 days of notification, as well as IRS form W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification for any prize over $600.00 in total value. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. No substitution of prizes or transfer of prizes to a third party is permitted. Winner must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, or the prize will be forfeited and alternate winner selected. Except where prohibited, by playing the contest, or by winning, participants have awarded WRAL.com, the right to publicize and/or broadcast their name, photograph or likeness, voice and details and have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
6. Prize. One (1) verified winner will receive a gift card valued at $100.00 (ARV). WRAL.com reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
7. Disclaimer. WRAL.com reserves the right to disqualify any contest entries in our sole discretion. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the sweepstakes and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and releases by WRAL.com, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any such liability. WRAL. com and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this sweepstakes. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. The winner's name and city of residence will be emailed to those who request it. You may only contribute photos that you have taken yourself and that you have all rights to transmit and license and which do not violate trademark, copyright, privacy or any other rights of any other person. You warrant that you have permission from any and all persons appearing in your photos in order to make the submission and grant the rights described herein. You may not contribute photos that contain expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, obscenity or pornography or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations. You may not upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or this website. By uploading a photo, (a) you grant to Sponsors a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the photo and any material included in such photo on the Internet, on television, and in, on, or through all other media, at Sponsors’ sole discretion; and (b) you certify that any person pictured in the submitted photograph (or, if a minor, his/her parent/guardian) authorizes Sponsors to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute (“Use”) the photo and any material included in such photo on the Internet, on television, and in, on, or through all other media; and (c) you agree to indemnify Sponsors and their affiliates, directors, officers and employees and hold them harmless from any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from Use of the photo and/or your failure to comply with these rules. Facebook is not a sponsor of, or responsible for conducting, any Sweepstakes provided by WRAL.com. All entry data provided online is provided to WRAL.com/CBC New Media, LLC and to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Each Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
8. Internet. If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of WRAL.com which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the game or sweepstakes, WRAL.com reserves its right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes/game. WRAL. com and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries: (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received by WRAL.com, on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this sweepstakes/game.
9. Winner Announcement. For the name of the winners, available by the end of each month, send an email requesting the winner's name to email@example.com.
Published: 2017-08-07 11:22:00
Updated: 2017-08-07 11:23:20