Out & About Voters' Choice Awards (Expired 7/10/16)
Out & About Voters' Choice Awards Official Rules – 2016 (Sponsored by Performance Subaru of Chapel Hill)
1. General. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local regulations apply. By participating in Out & About Voters’ Choice, , the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. To enter, go to WRAL.com and vote for your favorite business in each category. Nominations will be taken from 9 a.m. ET on May 16, 2016 to 11:59 p.m. ET on May 29, 2016. Voting will begin at 9 a.m. ET on June 1, 2016 and end at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 10, 2016. Winners’ will be announced at the Out & About Voters’ Choice Awards Ceremony (Date TBD). By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of WRAL.com, whose decisions are binding and final. WRAL.com reserves the right to change the rules at any time to ensure the fair administration of the contest and compliance with applicable laws.
2. Eligibility. Out & About Voters’ Choice is open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents 18 years of age as of July 10, 2016 and who reside in North Carolina or Mecklenburg County, VA. Employees of WRAL.COM, WRAL-TV, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible to participate. The nominated business must be in North Carolina.
3. How to Nominate. Submit your favorite business for each subcategory before 11: 59 p.m. on May 29, 2016. List only one business per entry. The five businesses with the most submissions for each category will then be listed for voting.
4. How to Vote. Voting will open at 9 a.m. on June 1, 2016. Vote for your favorite businesses in each subcategory before 11:59 p.m. on July 10, 2016.
5. Selection of Winners. Winners will be chosen based on public voting and our panel of experts. There will be one winner and two honorable mentions for each subcategory. There will be two winners randomly selected from ballot participants during the nomination period.
6. Prizes and Odds of Winning. The first, second and third place verified winners in each category will receive a certificate.
The ballot participant winners will receive two tickets to the Breeze Family Farm to Fork Picnic at Hurdle Mills, Total ARV: $200. Odds of winning first, second and third place prizes depend on the number of votes per category. Odds of winning during the ballot period depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Prize Redemption and Releases. The ballot participant winner will be notified by phone. The first, second and third place winner will be notified by e-mail. Prizes will be picked up at WRAL-TV. The winners will be required to sign and return to WRAL-TV an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within 7 days of notification, as well as IRS form W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification for any prize over $600.00 in total value. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. No substitution of prizes or transfer of prizes to a third party is permitted. Winner must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, or the prize will be forfeited and alternate winner selected. Except where prohibited, by playing the contest, or by winning, participants have awarded WRAL.com/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc., the right to publicize and/or broadcast their name, photograph or likeness, voice and details for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. The winner's name and city of residence will be emailed to those who request it. Except where prohibited, by playing the contest, or by winning and accepting the prize, participants have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
8. Disclaimer. WRAL.COM reserves the right to disqualify any contest entries in our sole discretion. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the sweepstakes and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and releases by WRAL.COM, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any such liability. WRAL.COM and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this sweepstakes. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. The winner's name and city of residence will be emailed to those who request it.
9. Internet. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of WRAL.com which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the game or sweepstakes, WRAL.com reserves its right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes/game. WRAL.COM and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries: (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received by WRAL.com, on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this sweepstakes/game.
10. Winner Announcement. For the name of the winners, available by the end of each month, send an email requesting the winner's name to email@example.com.
Published: 2016-07-11 10:13:00
Updated: 2016-07-11 10:27:42