Cary Dog Park at Jack Smith Park
9725 Penny Road, Raleigh, NC 27606
Hours: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. (no entry after 9 p.m.)
Visit Their Website
Not Yet Rated
Sign in to add your rating
The Town of Cary’s dog parks provide a place for dog owners to let their pets socialize and run off-leash. The dog park at Jack Smith Park is approximately two acres in size and located near the corner of Penny Road and Holly Springs Road.
Pet owners can purchase an annual membership or day pass at any Cary community center. Membership cards and day passes will allow entry through an electronic gate.
- Single dog: $40 resident, $80 non-resident
- Multiple dogs: $60 resident, $120 non-resident
- Day pass: $5 resident, $10 non-resident
What you will need to register:
- Town of Cary Pet ID Tag - Cary residents are required to purchase a Pet ID tag for each dog/cat. Nonresidents are required to follow their own local ordinance and do not have to purchase a Town of Cary Pet ID tag in order to use the Cary Dog Park. Town of Cary Pet ID tags may be obtained for a one-time fee of $50 for non-neutered or non-spayed pet, $10 for animals that have been neutered or spayed, and $5 for animals that have been neutered or spayed and micro-chipped. Owners must provide proof from a veterinarian that neuter/spay operation has been performed. Acceptable forms of proof are either a copy of the bill for the operation or veterinarian’s signature on the pet tag application form.
- Cary Dog Park Registration form & waiver, completed and signed by pet owner
- Proof of current rabies vaccination
- Cary Dog Park Rules
Bring all of the above to any Town of Cary Community Center (Bond Park Community Center, 150 Metro Park Drive; Herbert C Young Community Center, 101 Wilkinson Avenue; Middle Creek Community Center, 123 Middle Creek Park Avenue).
- Five-foot high chain link fence with screening, paved entrance & electronic gate
- Lighted areas for small dogs and for large dogs
- Wood chips for ground cover
- Water stations
- Information kiosk
- Pet cleanup areas
Is this your business? Update your free WRAL Out & About business profile by emailing us your logo or a picture of your business now.