Carolina Pines Dog Park
2305 Lake Wheeler Road, Raleigh, NC 27603
Visit Their Website
Avg User Rating: 4 out of 5
Total Votes: 3
Sign in to add your rating
Carolina Pines Dog Park is a wooded area with a layer of mulch and plenty of space for running. The dog park is composed of three separate fenced-in areas:
- The "Large" Dog Park Area contains large, open areas as well as trees and natural areas. This entire area is covered in wood chip mulch which is constantly being replenished to keep the park (and the dogs) clean.
- The "Small" Dog Park Area is a smaller area that is reserved for small, elderly, or infirm dogs. In this case, "small" refers to the size of this section of the park and not necessarily the size of the dogs. If you take a dog into this area, it should be compatible with the style of play associated with small dogs and puppies.
- The "Training Area" is a separate area that provides an area in which the Wake County SPCA will do training.
- All dogs outside the off-leash dog park area must be and remain on a leash at all times (City Code 12-3011).
- It shall be unlawful for any person in charge of a dog to fail to remove feces deposited by the dog on publicly owned property (City Code Sec. 12-3011[b]).
- Every female dog, while in heat, shall be confined in a building or secure enclosure and not permitted to use the dog park (City Code 12-3012).
- It shall be unlawful for an owner to fail to provide current rabies inoculation for any dog 4 months or older. Dogs younger than 4 months are not allowed.
- The metal tag shall be securely fastened to the dog’s collar (City Code 12-3008).
- Handlers must carry a leash and remain inside the fenced area within view and voice control of their dogs at all times.
- Acts of aggression against other dogs or people are prohibited. Dogs must be removed if uncontrollable.
- Handlers must stop dogs from digging and must fill any hole created by their dogs.
- Close Adult supervision required for children under the age of 12.
- No food or dog chews are allowed within the off-leash area.
- No littering. Place all trash in receptacles.
- Climbing on or over the fence is not permitted.
- Choke, prong, pinch, and spike collars must be removed inside park area.
- No more than three dogs per handler for each visit to the park.
- Parks and Recreation staff have the authority to close the site for maintenance, weather related problems, and special events.